- Please contact us for price information email@example.com
- This unique test setup can be used to evaluate the discharging performance (speed and energy density) of new dielectric materials (100 pF) or packaged capacitors (100 µF) under high voltage.
- PE loop test provides incorrect energy density for capacitor application: the charges of the sample is discharged to power supply in a linear function (10-100 ms) and it significantly over estimate the energy density! In practical application, the discharging usually in nanosecond to millisecond and the discharge is exponential decay!
- It controls a high voltage power supply to charge the specimen to a pre-set voltage à disconnect the charged sample from the power supply à connect the charged sample to a load resistor (user selectable) with a HV MOSFET switch.
- The voltage across the load is recorded with an oscilloscope through a HV probe. Data are then transferred to the host computer, and discharged energy density is calculated automatically.
- Two Operation Modes:
- Manual: the user control the charging relay and the discharging switch by pushing the buttons.
- Auto: computer control everything and save test results.
- Can also be used to measure dielectric breakdown strength of materials.
1.Test voltage: 10 kV (option to 15 kV or higher)
2.Sample size: < 100 pF to > 100 µF
3.Max Discharge Current: < 15 A (option to >1000 A, certain models require export license)
4.Discharge Load: resistive or matched inductive
5.Discharge speed: faster than 100 ns
6.Charging current and voltage record: depend on the high voltage power supply.
1.Measure the dielectric breakdown strength of materials: AC, DC, lifetime following ASTM standard
2.Simultaneously monitor discharge current (in certain current range) and voltage
3.Internal high resolution oscilloscope
4.Allow voltage/current reversal with matched discharge inductor/resistor configuration.
5.Internal 10000 V power supply
6.Option of 100 V for thin film sample
7.New test fixture design with spring-loaded electrode to keep excellent electrical contact without damaging sample. Compatible with various temperature control options (oven, hot silicone oil, etc)
8.Additional Function: pole piezoelectric materials
“Flexible high-temperature dielectric materials from polymer nanocomposites”, Nature, 523: 576-579, 2015
“Sandwich-structured polymer nanocomposites with high energy density and great charge–discharge efficiency at elevated temperatures” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, September 6, 2016 113 (36) 9995-10000
“A Scalable, High‐Throughput, and Environmentally Benign Approach to Polymer Dielectrics Exhibiting Significantly Improved Capacitive Performance at High Temperatures”, Advanced Materials, https://doi.org/10.1002/adma.201805672
Price only indicative.
Contact us for options and final price