With over 20,000 sf facilities on high voltage dielectric and piezoelectric materials, we have the following test capabilities for potential customers:
We offer flexible test services to various customers to fully utilize the potential of our unique characterization techniques with reasonable cost. All equipment is fully calibrated and all test will be performed by our experienced engineers with at least three-year direct experience on relevant test.
High voltage and dielectric measurements are very specialized test. Many people do not have experience and they may make all kinds of mistakes: they do not know whether the equipment is working or not, they use wrong settings or wrong fixtures, few people is willing to ready the equipment manual carefully. Therefore even though the modern computer-controlled test systems can always provide you a number, many test results may not be correct.
PolyK engineers have many years experience in these tests. They are true experts in the test equipment and they always know how to get the most reliable results. They also use commercial materials with known performance to calibrate the test system. Therefore, you can always trust the test results provided by PolyK.
We have measured thousands of plastics, rubber, coating, ceramic, gels and grease, foam samples. Typical samples include:
1. Advanced ceramic sheets such as alumina, silica, aluminum nitride (AlN), glass etc Thickness from 0.1 mm to 5 mm. We measure dielectric breakdown strength (AC or DC), leakage current, etc.
2. Plastics and rubber: thin film with thickness below 5 micrometer (micron, 0.001 mm), or above 10 mm.
3. Coating on metal plates or silicon wafer.
4. Gel and grease: special test fixtures and tools developed to measure these materials with reproducible results.
5. Liquid: special test fixtures were developed.
Measuring Environment (RH, Temperature, Vacuum):
1. from -180 C (liquid nitrogen cooled) to above 1000 C (large furnaces).
2. Controlled relative humidity (RH): we have two environment chambers from -70 C to 200 C for both RH and temperature control.
3. Vacuum chambers: we have large vacuum chambers (stainless steel) with furnace inside to measure sensitive materials such as aluminum nitride AlN under vacuum (or controlled environment) up to 1000 C. They are integrated with various feedthrough for high voltage, sensitive current (triax, BNC), thermocouple, etc.
4. Silicone oil up to 200 C for high voltage measurement.
Electrode: It is important to use various electrodes for different materials and different test.
1. Screen printed silver electrode: 3-10 um thick (dry), with complex design such as guard ring (for ASTM D257). firing temperature can be low (50 C) or high (>800 C).
2. Screen printed platinum electrodes: firing temperature 1200 C. For measurement > 600 C.
3. Vacuum sputtered electrode: 30 nm - 100 nm thick gold, silver, aluminum, copper, platinum, or others. with size up to 250 mm x 250 mm.
4. Machined stainless steel electrodes with diameter 1/8", 1/4", 1", and 2" for ASTM D149 and D3755 test.
Thickness Measurement: It is important to accurately measure the thickness of test specimen as it will be used to calculate dielectric constant, dielectric breakdown strength, or electrical resistivity.
1. Mitutoyo Electronic Model 293-832-30, accuracy 0.001 mm, flat tip.
2. HEIDENHAIN Length gauge MT 1281 (resolution 0.1 micrometer or 0.0001 mm)
Measure dielectric constant and loss tangent at 40-70 Hz and AC up to 10 kV.